Teachers and students can freely use Creative Commons licenced material and can apply Creative Commons licences by using the licence tool to material they create. This allows sharing of resources with other educators and schools. The main focus is on what you CAN do with the material rather than what you cannot do.
Creative Commons for Education fact sheets
The National Copyright Unit and Creative Commons Australia have jointly developed an information pack for teachers and students on Creative Commons (CC). The pack explains what CC is, how to find CC material and the best way to attribute CC material. These are great resources not just for students and educators, but for anyone looking for more information on how to use CC material.
- What is Creative Commons?
- How to Find Creative Commons Licensed Material
- How to Find Creative Commons Licensed Materials using Google
- How to Find Creative Commons Licensed Materials using YouTube
- A Quick Reference Guide to Finding Creative Commons Material
- Using the Creative Commons Search Portal
- How to Attribute Creative Commons Licensed Material
- How to Label Third-Party Content in Creative Commons Licensed Material